communities. And, as friends we accept each other as presented...no expectations, no obligations.
So, since this 68 year old barely survived two miles on the treadmill at the gym this afternoon (tried to post a funny cartoon about that, but still stumbling through the posting process), I will leave you with some words from "Down the Rabbit Hole", http://www.tartx.com/blog/?page_id=233... encouragement to Blog Without Obligation.
- Because you shouldn’t have to look at your blog like it is a treadmill.
- Because its okay to just say what you have to say. If that makes for a long post, fine. Short post, fine. Frequent post, fine. Infrequent post, fine.
- Because its okay to not always be enthralled with the sound of your own typing.
- Because sometimes less is more.
- Because only blogging when you feel truly inspired keeps up the integrity of your blog.
- Because they are probably not going to inscribe your stat, link and comment numbers on your tombstone.
- Because for most of us blogging is just a hobby. A way to express yourself and connect with others. You should not have to apologize for lapses in posts. Just take a step back and enjoy life, not everything you do has to be “bloggable”.
- Because if you blog without obligation you will naturally keep your blog around longer, because it won’t be a chore. Plus, just think you will be doing your part to eradicate post pollution. One post at a time. . .